Under the Visegrad-Balkan Public Policy Fund, Young Researches Programme, the Balkan Civil Society Development Network – BCSDN, the Pontis Foundation (Slovakia), the Association of Czech Non-governmental Organizations – DEMAS (Czech Republic), the Foundation for Development of Democratic Rights – Demnet (Hungary) and the Kosovar Civil Sociey Foundation – KCSF (Kosovo) announce the first Call for Proposal for researchers and organizations from Macedonia and Kosovo, to undertake research projects on the topic of:
1. National Aspects in Transitional Processes (CZ)
2. Financial instruments of the EU for development of non-governmental actors (SK)
3. Monitor of waiting lists and corruption in the health care system (SK)
4. Regulatory framework for usage of vacant urban properties (HU)
5. Links between civil sector and future-to-be pro bono infrastructure (HU)
6. Reproductive rights – Birth rights (HU)
The objective of this programme is to provide fellows with a chance to get first-hand experience with successful stories of the transformation process and involvement of the civil society in policy making. Fellows will be placed in organizations in Bratislava, Prague or Budapest depending on their chosen research topics for a period of 1 month. To find out more on eligibility criteria please download the Call for Proposals and the Application Guidelines. The application form is also available here. The deadline for receiving applications is 12 August 2013. As a coordinator of the Balkan Public Policy Fund, BCSDN supports CSOs to develop their advocacy and research skills. This programme is a pilot component as an addition to the Slovak and Balkan Public Policy Fund programme for which a Call for Proposals will be launched by the end of July.