The meeting gathered 10 representatives of 7 member organizations. Besides the BCSDN Coordinator, APRODEV CEE, EE and Central Asia Policy Officer also participated to the meeting. The meeting reviewed network activities in 2005 and agreed plans for 2006-7 and beyond.
The main achievements/conclusions of the meeting were:
– approval of BCSDN Annual Report 2005 and extension of the Programme to 2007 enabled by the grant from the European Commission under CARDS Network to Network Programme;
– agreement on evaluation of the Programme as of beginning 2007;
– revision of vision and mission statement of the network based on the work of the Working Group on vision and mission, which is clear and effective;
– definition of membership criteria and procedure for new members;
– signing of the Management agreement of the BCSDN Secretariat by the end of the Programme;
– agreement that the next meeting would take place end April/beginning May 2007 in Croatia;
– opportunities presented to the network are how to work together for easier access to larger funds, i.e. cooperation on regional project as ‘unique sales-point’ of the network.
Full text of the minutes is available here.